Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Peanut & Pecan Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 1 hour
- Serves: 15
- 1 cup butter or margarine (2 sticks)
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (omit if peanuts are salted)
- 1½ cups chopped peanuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add cocoa and stir until well blended. Remove from heat and add sugar, eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- In a separate container. combine flour, salt and peanuts. Stir to coat peanuts. Add gradually (but quickly) to saucepan ingredients.
- Spoon batter into a greased 13" x 9" x 2" pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes (or until tester comes out clean). Spread marshmallows over warm cake.