Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Miso Soup with Tofu and Green Onions from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: Approximately 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons light-colored miso paste (found in the ethnic food section of the grocery store or Asian food market)
- 6 ounces firm tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch cubes
- Bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the green onions, ginger, and garlic.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the miso paste and stir until dissolved.
- Add the tofu, cover and simmer for 10 minutes before serving.