Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mishakiki are skewer-grilled marinated meat, also called Swahili shish kebabs.
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small ripe tomato, peeled and crushed
- ½ teaspoon tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp water
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 – 2 lbs beef, cut into bite-sized cubes
- In a clean glass bowl, combine all marinade ingredients, everything except the meat, vigorously until everything is well mixed.
- Add the meat to the marinade, gently stirring to make sure the meat is covered.
- Allow to marinate for at least an hour, or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place the marinated meat on skewers, alternating with chunks of onion and green pepper.
- Cook over an outdoor grill over hot coals until meat is done.
- Serve with chapati or rice or bread.