- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 250 gm: Large green chillies/capsicum
- 100 gm: Sautéed Onion paste
- 25 gm: ginger garlic paste
- 10 gm: coriander leaves
- 05 gm: mustard seeds
- 02 gm: Cloves
- 05 gm: curry leaves
- 50 gm: tamarind
- 50 gm: Cooking oil
- 50 gm: coconut
- 50 gm: peanuts
- 20 gm: coriander seeds
- 15 gm: sesame seeds
- 10 gm: cumin seeds
- 05 gm: Peppercorns
- 05 no: Red Chillies
- Slit and deep fry the green chillies in hot oil. Remove and keep aside.
- Roast and grind together ingredients for the paste.
- Soak the tamarind in a cup of water and extract pulp.
- Heat oil and add the mustard seeds, when crackling add the cloves and the curry leaves.
- Mix the sautéed Onion paste and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add the salan paste and continue stirring.
- Pour 15 ml of water at intervals to avoid paste sticking to the pan.
- Add the tamarind pulp and 50 ml of water. Stir for 5 minutes until the gravy resembles the consistency of a sauce.
- Add the salt and the fried chillies to the hot gravy.
- Boil the gravy for 1 minute.
- Remove and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.