- 3 large handfuls of mint leaves, (stems removed)
- 3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- Wash and shake the mint leaves, sprinkle then with the sugar and chop them rather finely. Put in a bowl.
- Heat the vinegar and pour it over the mint.
- Add more sugar if you think the sauce is too sharp.
- Serve hot or cold with roasted lamb or other meat.
Alternate Recipe Edit
Use lemon juice instead of vinegar and you can also add a little olive oil. This is not traditional mint sauce, being much less violent in flavor, but it is exceptionally good.