This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cabrera Estate in Malakoff, Texas in 1986.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1½ cups crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Peel half the skin of the cucumbers in lengthwise strips then cut into very thin slices.
- Arrange slices on a serving platter then sprinkle feta cheese on top followed by the mint.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour over the salad.