This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 individual casseroles
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium white all-purpose potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ pound bay scallops
- ¾ pound peeled and cleaned medium shrimp
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat broiler.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot, celery, onion and potato.
- Saute 5 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Stir in flour.
- Pour in clam juice, cream, wine, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 13 to 15 minutes, until vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in scallops and shrimp.
- Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until seafood is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine bread, basil and a pinch of salt in a food processor.
- Pulse until bread crumbs are formed.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and toss with bread crumbs until moist.
- Divide seafood mixture between four 12-ounce ovenproof dishes.
- Top with bread crumbs; broil 2 minutes until browned.