Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 4 individual casseroles
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium white all-purpose potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ pound bay scallops
- ¾ pound peeled and cleaned medium shrimp
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- ⅓ cup fresh basil leaves
- Heat broiler.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot, celery, onion and potato.
- Saute 5 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Stir in flour.
- Pour in clam juice, cream, wine, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 13 to 15 minutes, until vegetables are just tender.
- Stir in scallops and shrimp.
- Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until seafood is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine bread, basil and a pinch of salt in a food processor.
- Pulse until bread crumbs are formed.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and toss with bread crumbs until moist.
- Divide seafood mixture between four 12-ounce ovenproof dishes.
- Top with bread crumbs; broil 2 minutes until browned.