Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These versatile little cakes can be enjoyed as breakfast muffins, snacks or dessert. By using natural cane sugar, whole wheat pastry flour and expeller pressed canola oil, along with natural cream cheese instead of sugary frosting, these cupcakes are a more healthful version of the common seasonal cupcakes that come loaded with white sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oil and artificial flavorings.
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup packed natural cane sugar
- ½ cup expeller pressed canola oil
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a miniature muffin pan with mini cupcake liners or spray and flour the pan using canola or olive oil cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and sugar.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the canola oil, eggs, vanilla and pumpkin.
- Pour into flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until done when tested with a toothpick.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 15 minutes then continue to cool on wire racks.
- When cool, frost with maple cream cheese frosting.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving with frosting (39 g-wt.):
- 130 calories (70 from fat) | 8g total fat | 3g saturated fat | 2g protein | 14g total carbohydrate (less than 1g dietary fiber, 8g sugar) | 25mg cholesterol | 95mg sodium