Makes 12 mini tarts.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 x 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 vanilla wafers
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup sliced nectarine
- ¼ cup sliced kiwi fruit
- ¼ cup apple jelly, melted
- Combine rice, half and half, cream cheese, sugar and butter in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Gradually stir ½ cup hot pudding mixture into eggs; return egg mixture to saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Do not boil.
- Stir in vanilla; cool.
- Line 12 muffin tins with aluminum muffin liners; place one wafer into each cup.
- Fill each cup with ⅓ cup pudding mixture; top with sliced fruit.
- Glaze with jelly.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving.