Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: 40–45 minutes
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup each:
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp each: basil and oregano, crushed
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1, 15 oz. can red kidney beans
- 1, 15 oz. can tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup pasta, uncooked
1.In a large sauce pan, combine water, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, and pepper.
2.Bring to boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3.Drain can of kidney beans and add kidney beans, tomatoes, cabbage, zucchini and pasta. Return to boil, reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, until pasta is tender.
- Minestrone Soup from the Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, in the public domain