Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I have more cookbooks... but many do not have recipes on page 17. It's usually some part of an intro to the cookbook. Here is a Page 17 recipe: rice soup with red cabbage
- Source: Cooking Rice with an Italian Accent by Father Giuseppe Orsini (ISBN 978-0-312-33902-9)
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ ounces pancetta or bacon, minced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 small red cabbage, cut in half and julienned
- 2 large peeled potatoes, diced small
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste, dissolved in ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ quarts boiling hot chicken or beef broth
- ½ cup long-grain rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on moderate heat, and sauté the pancetta and the onions for eight minutes.
- Add cabbage and stir for five minutes.
- Add tomato paste dissolved in wine.
- Add all the boiling hot broth.
- Adjust heat to low and simmer covered for one hour.
- Stir in rice and cook covered for fifteen minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into tureen and bring to table.
- Genuine rye bread and a glass of beer make this a great meal.
- Recommended wines: Refosco, Schiopettino.