This is THE Lamb SOUP for a quiet, intimate evening on a rainy day. My family uses white Burgundy wine which blends wonderfully with the vegetables and ends up tasting a bit sweet. Children wont even know there's wine in the soup. celery gives a rustic, fresh taste. TRULY, WONDERFUL RUSTIC TASTING SOUP. Got the recipe from Pietro Petroni's : The Complete Book of Florentine Cooking while I was in Florence.
- 300 g lean ground Lamb
- 200 g home-made narrow noodles
- 200 g tomatoes (Ripe or canned)
- ½ onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ glass white wine
- 1 liter broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop finely the celery, carrot and onion and saute in 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- As soon as the onion begins to change colour, add the Lamb and continue to cook
- After a few minutes, add the wine and allow to evaporate completely, then add the tomatoes
- Continue to cook over a low heat for about one hour, then add the broth.
- Finally add the noodles and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve with freshly ground pepper.