Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is THE Lamb SOUP for a quiet, intimate evening on a rainy day. My family uses white Burgundy wine which blends wonderfully with the vegetables and ends up tasting a bit sweet. Children wont even know there's wine in the soup. celery gives a rustic, fresh taste. TRULY, WONDERFUL RUSTIC TASTING SOUP. Got the recipe from Pietro Petroni's : The Complete Book of Florentine Cooking while I was in Florence.
- 300 g lean ground Lamb
- 200 g home-made narrow noodles
- 200 g tomatoes (Ripe or canned)
- ½ onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ glass white wine
- 1 liter broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop finely the celery, carrot and onion and saute in 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- As soon as the onion begins to change colour, add the Lamb and continue to cook
- After a few minutes, add the wine and allow to evaporate completely, then add the tomatoes
- Continue to cook over a low heat for about one hour, then add the broth.
- Finally add the noodles and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve with freshly ground pepper.