- 1 cup shortening
- 1½ cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1⅓ cups mincemeat filling
- Cream shortening.
- Add sugar, and blend well.
- Add eggs, and beat until smooth.
- Add mixed dry ingredients and then stir in mincemeat.
- Blend well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet, at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- You can use margarine instead of shortening and add chopped nuts if desired, and you can also mix the sugars, using brown and white sugar.