Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 dozen 2 x 1½-inch bars
- 1½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Gold Medal flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 3 tbsp hot water
- ¼ cup almonds, slivered
- ¼ cup seedless raisins
- 1 (9 oz) pkg. mincemeat, broken up with fork
- 1½ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- about 3 tbsp hot milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond flavoring
- Heat oven to 400°F (moderate hot).
- Grease two oblong pans, 13 x 9½ x 2-inches.
- Mix brown sugar, eggs, molasses, butter and vanilla.
- Measure flour by dip-level-pour method or by sifting.
- Blend flour, salt, soda and spices; stir in.
- Mix in hot water.
- Stir in almonds, raisins and mincemeat.
- Spread thin in greased pans (dough puffs and fills in any holes as it bakes).
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes.
- Spread immediately with mixture of confectioners sugar, milk and flavorings.
- Cut into squares or diamonds.