Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 dozen 2 x 1½-inch bars
- 1½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp soft butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups Gold Medal flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cloves
- 3 tbsp hot water
- ¼ cup almonds, slivered
- ¼ cup seedless raisins
- 1 (9 oz) pkg. mincemeat, broken up with fork
- 1½ cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- about 3 tbsp hot milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp almond flavoring
- Heat oven to 400°F (moderate hot).
- Grease two oblong pans, 13 x 9½ x 2-inches.
- Mix brown sugar, eggs, molasses, butter and vanilla.
- Measure flour by dip-level-pour method or by sifting.
- Blend flour, salt, soda and spices; stir in.
- Mix in hot water.
- Stir in almonds, raisins and mincemeat.
- Spread thin in greased pans (dough puffs and fills in any holes as it bakes).
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes.
- Spread immediately with mixture of confectioners sugar, milk and flavorings.
- Cut into squares or diamonds.