- 300g (10oz) fresh or frozen Milookhia
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 500ml (18fl oz) boiling water
- Dissolve chicken stock cubes in a medium saucepan then add 500ml (18fl oz) boiling water.
- Add Milookhia, salt, pepper, and tomato puree. Stir, cover pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Chop the garlic and set aside. Next heat oil in a small frying pan and fry the garlic until slightly brown then add in coriander, mixing thoroughly for 1 minute.
- When Milookhia is ready, add the bay leaves, fried garlic and coriander to the pan. Give a quick stir, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.