- 2 cups of millet flour, ground the day you prepare this meal
- 1 cup of wheat flour
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- A frying pan or frying appliance with palm or peanut oil if available. Otherwise, use vegetable oil. The oil temperature should be around 150 °C (302 °F).
- Mix the millet and wheat flour together. Gradually heat the cup of vegetable oil and pour it onto mixture of flour.
- Blend the Sugar with the whole egg into the dough. Turn the dough for 5 minutes and integrate it into the dough by working the dough so it becomes firm.
- Spread the dough out using a rolling pin on a lightly floured board or surface, and reduce its height to 5 millimetres.
- Cut the dough into ribbons with a pastry cutter.
- Fry to a golden brown in the palm or peanut oil. Wipe off the excess oil and serve hot, warm or cold.