Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup millet
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup peeled diced sweet potatoes (raw or cooked)
- 1 slice peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 tablespoons honey
- chestnuts or walnuts (optional)
- Rinse and drain the millet.
- Put all ingredients except honey and cooked sweet potatoes (if using) in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until it forms a porridge- 1 hour or so.
- If you are using cooked sweet potatoes, add them at the end and stir until hot- this will yield a chunkier porridge; raw ones cooked for an hour pretty much dissolve.
- Turn off the heat.
- Stir in the honey.
- Ladle into bowls.