Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 leeks, white parts only, rinsed well and sliced into thin rings
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 to 6 escarole leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups milk
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a heavy soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the leeks, onion, and escarole; cook, covered until the vegetables are softened but not browned, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the milk and the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, until the potatoes are very soft and start to fall apart, about 30 minutes.
- You can serve this chunky soup as is-country style-or puree it in a blender or food processor for a more elegant presentation.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with minced parsley.