- 4 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cinnamon sugar (to garnish)
- 1 baked 9 inch single crust pie shell
- In small bowl, combine the cornstarch, Sugar, and salt.
- Put milk into medium heavy-based saucepan, and whisk in egg and cornstarch mix.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly; 10–17 minutes.
- DO NOT BOIL!
- Reduce heat to low if necessary to prevent burning!
- After finished cooking, remove from heat and whisk in extracts.
- Cool to lukewarm and pour into baked pie crust.
- Refrigerate pie until set—approximately 3–4 hours.
- Before you serve the milk pie, sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of it.