Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 l / 100 fl. oz milk
- 800 g / 28 oz caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking powder)
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and bring to simmering point stirring.
- Continue to simmer the mixture for 2½ - 3 hours, stirring often so that it doesn’t stick to the pan, until a thick brownish paste is obtained.
- Serve with biscuits or toast.
- Can be used as a filling for alfajores (double layered biscuits) and cakes.