Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Fresh strawberries and mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 13-by-9-by-2-inch baking pan.
- Sift flour with baking powder.
- In large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add Sugar gradually, beating to form stiff peaks.
- Add yolks, 1 at a time. Slowly add flour and milk.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until edges are golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack.
- Prepare Topping.
- Pour Topping over cake and let sit until all the mixture is absorbed, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare Meringue and refrigerate.
- Before serving, cut cake into squares and spread Meringue over each.
- Garnish as desired with fresh Berries and mint leaves.
- 1(12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1(14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk
- 1(16-ounce) carton sour cream
- Combine Sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Let sit until Sugar is dissolved.
- In clean electric mixer bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites.
- Slowly pour sugar syrup over egg whites, beating constantly until meringue holds stiff peaks.
- Store in refrigerator.