Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This tasty sauce is good for many toppings.
Milk-Free Butterscotch from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup nondairy creamer
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp milk-free margarine
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Mix brown sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan.
- Slowly add nondairy creamer and water, stirring until cornstarch dissolves.
- Add honey and margarine.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Cook and store in a covered container in refrigerator.
For milk-free chocolate sauce, stir in 1 heaping tbsp. cocoa with cornstarch. If too thick, add a little water after it comes to a boil.