Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Come Into The Kitchen
- Serves 8
- 1½ cups dry navy beans
- 3 quarts water
- ham bone
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce or 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- ¼ tbsp oregano
- ¼ tbsp thyme
- ¼ tbsp sweet basil
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 3 whole cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash beans, cover with water and let stand overnight.
- Drain beans, cover with water again.
- Bring to a rolling boil and boil one minute.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Add the 3 quarts of water to the beans along with the ham bone and simmer 2 hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer another hour.
- Be careful with salt because of the ham bone.