Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 4 servings (about 3½ ounces tuna)
- From: The Diabetes Food and Nutrition Bible
- 2 (7 oz) cans water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ½ cup cooked canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground red pepper
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- In a large salad bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and chill for ½ hour.
Nutritional information Edit
Nutrition per Serving (3½ ounces tuna):
- 213 calories | 5g fat | 25mg cholesterol | 344mg sodium | 15g carbs | 4g dietary fiber | 7g sugars | 26g protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: ½ starch | 2 vegetable | 3 very lean meat | ½ fat