Makes 2 servings.
- 1 medium Eggplant
- 8 ounces ground Lamb
- 1/3 cup chopped Onion
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup cooked rice
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Monterey jack Cheese
- Cut off cap of Eggplant; cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch shell. Chop pulp; cover with water and cook about 5 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Cook Lamb in medium skillet until meat is no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Add Onion, celery and green pepper; cook until tender crisp. Pour off fat. Stir rice, tomato, salt, basil, thyme, black pepper and Eggplant pulp into vegetables.
- Fill Eggplant shells. Spoon any extra rice mixture into small baking dish. Place Eggplant halves in shallow baking dish; bake at 350F/180C for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheese; bake 5 minutes longer.