- 1 medium eggplant
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper (with Jalapeño and green bell pepper mixed)
- ⅔ cup cooked rice
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon basil leaves, crushed
- ¼ teaspoon thyme leaves, crushed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) grated cheese (Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Colby, Swiss, or Asiago)
- Cut off the cap of the eggplant; cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a ¼-inch shell. Chop the pulp; cover with water and cook about 5 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Cook lamb in a medium skillet until meat is no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Add onion, celery and green pepper; cook until tender crisp.
- Pour off fat. Stir rice, tomato, salt, basil, thyme, black pepper, and eggplant pulp into vegetables.
- Fill eggplant shells. Spoon any extra rice mixture into small baking dish. Place eggplant halves in shallow baking dish; bake at 350° F/180° C for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer. Serve hot.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.