- Prep Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6 – 8
- 3 lbs ground beef or lamb or turkey
- 1 large onion
- ¾ – 1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- seasoning salt or salt
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- What you can do is start by chopping up your parsley in a food chopper until fine.
- Do not use dried parsley.
- Then put the parsley in a large mixing bowl.
- Then cut onion up into pieces — doesn't matter how small just so you can fit it into the chopper and combine the garlic and chop away until fine — not pasty though.
- Put the onion garlic mixture in the bowl with the parsley and add ground meat and spices.
- Mix with hands until everything is well blended.
- Pat the meat mixture down in the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan and broil in oven until top is browned, this will enhance the flavor, then take out of the oven.
- Peel potatoes.
- Slice tomatoes and potatoes into quarter of an inch in size and layer — potatoes first and then tomatoes will be top layer.
- Sprinkle with a little salt — and bake in oven about 425°F covered with foil for approximately 45 minutes to and hour — enjoy.