Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅔ cup cashew bits or halves
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion with brown sugar 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
- Add cashews and raisins; sauté 2 to 3 minutes until nuts begin to brown and raisins plump.
- Add rice, apricots, salt, cinnamon, turmeric, pepper, cardamon and cloves.
- Stir in apple juice. Heat thoroughly and serve.