Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale in Morgan City, La.
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 1/2 tsp Tony's creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup roux
- 1 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 bundles green onions chopped
- 1 cup finely-chopped celery
- 1 large bell pepper finely chopped
- 4 sprigs parsley chopped
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- 3/4 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds peeled raw shrimp or crawfish
- Combine all vegetables with celery seeds and butter in pot, then simmer until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add roux, soup and tomatoes and simmer for 30 - 40 min, stirring frequently
- Add shrimp or crawfish and simmer for20 - 30 min more
- Serve over rice or pasta