Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- From: Syd’s Cookbook
- Makes ¾ cup
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- lemon zest (garnish)
- Microwave butter, 1 tbsp lemon juice and salt in a medium microwave safe bowl, covered with plastic wrap, on high power until butter melts, about 1 minute.
- Whisk to cool slightly.
- Whisk in egg yolks until blended.
- Microwave covered on medium power for 30 seconds and whisk until blended.
- Repeat twice.
- Whisk remaining lemon juice and the tabasco sauce.
- Serve warm garnished with lemon zest.
Nutritional information Edit
362 calories per ¼ cup.