Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 4 cups of thinly sliced onions
- 3 rounded tablespoons of salt
- 1 can of tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- ¼ cup of lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne (red) pepper powder
- 1 tablespoons slightly crushed oregano leaves
- a big pinch of saffron (optional)
- cooked white rice
- In a bowl, salt the sliced onions.
- Mix well.
- Place the bowl outside in direct sunlight on a hot day and leave for at least an hour.
- Bring in the onions.
- Wash the onions in water, squeezing them gently.
- Wash again two or three times.
- Flake the tuna and add to the onions with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add ¾ cup of water and salt to taste.
- Serve immediately over hot cooked white rice.