Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A creamy cornbread-like side dish enriched with evaporated milk and flavored with vegetable bouillon. black beans, Cheddar Cheese and jalapeños make this fancy enough to serve on special occasions. Great with grilled Pork chops, a fresh green salad and cold iced tea.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup ALBERS Yellow corn meal
- 3 MAGGI(r) Vegetable Bouillon Cubes
- 1 can (15-oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup carnation evaporated milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons or more ORTEGA Diced Jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- PREHEAT oven to 400 °F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- COOK water, corn meal and bouillon in large saucepan, stirring frequently,until mixture comes to a boil and bouillon is dissolved.
- Boil,stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- ADD beans, Cheese, evaporated milk, eggs, jalapeños and butter; stir until blended. Pour into prepared dish.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with salsa, sour cream, and cilantro before serving, if desired.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.