Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook Onion in oil until tender, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add oregano and split Peas, stir to coat Peas with oil, then add water and chilies.
- Heat to boiling, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer 35 to 45 minutes, or until Peas are just tender.
- Add tomatoes, corn, and bell pepper, and simmer another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle each serving with shredded Cheese and crushed red pepper, if desired.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit