Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Can be frozen
- Makes 6 – 8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef, pork or turkey
- ½ medium onion, chopped, 2 ounces
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons seasoning for tacos
- 10 ounce can Ro-tel tomatoes, drained (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- ¼ cup canned sliced pickled jalapeños
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese, shredded, 1 cup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown the meat and onion; drain the fat.
- Blend in the cream cheese until completely incorporated.
- Put everything in a greased 2½- quart casserole and mix well.
- Bake at 350°F for about 40 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top.
Nutritional information Edit
- Per ⅙ recipe: 412 Calories | 32g Fat | 23g Protein | 10g Carbohydrate | 3g Dietary Fiber | 7g Net Carbs
- Per ⅛ recipe: 309 Calories | 24g Fat | 17g Protein | 7g Carbohydrate | 2g Dietary Fiber | 5g Net Carbs