Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mexican sopa de fideos (noodle Soup), from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 oz (55 g) spaghetti, vermicelli, or other thin noodle, broken into 2-inch (5 cm) pieces
- 1 x 15-oz (225 g) can tomatoes with their liquid
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 – 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 cups (1.5 l) beef or chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup (60 ml) dry sherry (optional)
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat and saute the broken noodles until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes,onion, and garlic in an electric; blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
- Pour the tomato mixture into the pot with the noodles and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the stock and simmer covered until the noodles are tender, 5 to 10minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and stir in the sherry if desired.
- Serve with grated Parmesan on the side.