Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 8 servings.
- 8 x 6- to 7-inch tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup Kahlua or other coffee-flavored liqueur
- 2 medium-size red cooking Apples, cored and chopped
- ¾ cup Raisins
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- ground cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish
- Brush flour tortillas with vegetable oil.
- Combine Sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl. Sprinkle generously over each tortilla. Press each tortilla firmly into bottom of muffin tins coated with cooking spray; press edges out to form a sombrero shape. Bake in 425 degree oven 7 to 10 minutes or until brown and crisp. Remove from oven; cool.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add brown sugar and Kahlua; stir until Sugar is dissolved. Stir in Apples and Raisins. Cook, stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until Apples are crisp-tender. Stir in rice, walnuts, and remaining 1½ teaspoons cinnamon.
- To serve, place ¾ cup rice mixture in each tortilla sombrero, top each with a ¼ cup scoop frozen yogurt. Garnish yogurt and rim of plate with cinnamon and/or nutmeg.