Great for a Mexican themed party
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup water
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 (14 ounces) can refried beans with green chilies
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 (1.25 ounces) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1½ cups grated medium cheddar
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely diced
- ½ cup finely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped green peppers
- ¼ cup finely chopped red peppers
- Combine biscuit mix and parsley in a medium bowl.
- Add water.
- Stir until soft dough forms.
- Turn out onto surface coated lightly with biscuit mix.
- Knead 10 times.
- Press into an ungreased 10" by 15" jelly roll type pan. Dough will be very thin.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minute until golden and firm. Cool.
- Scramble fry ground beef.
- Rinse with hot water to remove extra fat. Drain well.
- Add refried beans. Mix.
- Spread beef mixture on crust.
- Combine sour cream and taco mix.
- Spread on beef.
- Sprinkle sour cream with cheese.
- Combine remaining 4 ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle over cheese. Pack down lightly.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Cut into 1½" by 2" pieces.