Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, divided
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream and salsa (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, 1 tablespoon each oil and lime juice, garlic, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper, cumin, and chili powder.
- Stir to coat shrimp.
- Heat remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onions until translucent, 5 minutes.
- Add peppers, remaining salt and pepper, stirring frequently, 5 minutes more.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Transfer to an ovenproof bowl and keep warm in oven.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add shrimp.
- Saute until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining lime juice and cilantro.
- To serve, wrap each tortilla around vegetables and shrimp.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa, if desired.