Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 6 lb beef roast, should be a arm, blade, or cross-rib roast
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 slices bacon, cut in half
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup prepared mustard
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup carrot; chopped
- ½ cup celery; chopped
- ½ cup mushrooms; sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro; snipped
- 1 tsp nutmeg; ground
- 1 tsp thyme; ground
- 2 jalapeno chiles; seeded and finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup onion; chopped, 1 medium
- 12 oz beer; 1 bottle
- Make a 1½-inch deep cut across the beef roast.
- Wrap each clove of garlic in 1 piece of bacon and insert in the cut.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper and spread the prepared mustard on.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Cook beef in oil in a 4-quart dutch oven over medium heat until brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce the heat.
- Cover and simmer until beef is tender, about 2½ hours.
- Remove beef to warm platter.
- Remove bay leaves from the broth.
- Skim fat from the broth.
- Place 2 cups of the broth and vegetables in a blender container; cover and process on medium speed until smooth.
- Serve with the beef.