- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Dlife Source: Chef Michel Nishan
- 1 x 8 inch low-carb whole grain tortilla
- canola oil in a misting bottle
- ¼ cup low-fat refried beans
- 1 tbsp warm water
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp fresh store-bought salsa, drained
- ¼ cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- Place a 8 to 10-inch skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Lightly spray each side of the tortilla with canola oil (total 1 teaspoon).
- Place the tortilla in the hot pan and cook 30 seconds to one minute or until lightly browned.
- Turn the tortilla over and repeat.
- Remove from the pan and cool.
- Combine the refried beans and water and mix until smooth.
- Use a rubber or plastic spatula to spread the bean paste over the tortilla.
- Be careful to leave ¼ to ½ an inch of tortilla uncovered at the outer edge.
- Gently spread the salsa evenly over the bean paste and sprinkle over with the low-fat mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in a pre-heated 375 °F oven for five minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Nutritional information Edit
- 3g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 1g Monounsaturated Fat | 1g Polysaturated Fat | 5mg Cholesterol | 1mg Iron | 10g Total Carbs | 10g Dietary Fiber | 11g Protein | 591mg Sodium | 86mg Potassium | 157mg Calcium
- Exchanges: ½ vegetable