Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes about 48 pieces
- 3 cups sugar,divided
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 cup non-dairy liquid coffee cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Golden color and rich flavor is achieved by the caramelization of the sugar, and the addition of orange rind.
- Melt 1 cup sugar in a heavy 3-quart saucepan, stirring constantly so it does not burn.
- Very carefully,add boiling water to mix.
- Add remaining sugar, coffee cream, and salt.
- Place over medium heat and stir until all ingredients are blended together and mixture boils.
- Cook to 238°F without stirring.
- Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm, beat until candy loses its gloss and holds its shape.
- Fold in grated orange rind and nuts.
- Spread in a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cut into squares.