- 1 c Sugar; carmelized
- 1/4 c Boiling water
- 2 c Sugar
- 1 c heavy cream
- 1/8 ts salt
- 1 tb orange rind
- 1 c walnuts; chopped
- Keep shaking the pan to prevent burning. Add the boiling water to carmelize Sugar and boil until dissolved.
- Add remaining 2 cups Sugar, salt and cream.
- Boil to the soft ball stage. Just before the candy's done add orange rind.
- Remove from fire and cool by beating. Add the nuts. Drop by the teaspoonful onto waxed paper.
- After the candy has completely set wrap in small individual pieces of aluminum foil.
- This keeps it fresh indefinitely.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.