Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- Source: Oscar Gomez, Tucson, Arizona in Southern Living, November 2000
- Yield: 9 cups
- 1 (2½-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 (2½-pound) boneless pork roast, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16-ounce) jar mild green salsa
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place roasts and 1 cup water in a 6-quart pressure cooker.
- Cover cooker with lid, and seal securely; place pressure control over vent and tube.
- Cook over high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until pressure control rocks quickly back and forth.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 40 minutes (pressure control will rock occasionally)
- Remove from heat; run cold water over cooker to reduce pressure.
- Carefully remove lid so that steam escapes away from you.
- Drain meat, reserving juice.
- Pour juice into a fat strainer; let stand until fat rises to top.
- Reserve juice; discard fat.
- Cool meat slightly, and shred.
- Sauté onion and green chiles in hot oil in the cooker for 1 minute.
- Stir in green salsa and next 4 ingredients.
- Cook 1 minute over medium-low heat.
- Stir in reserved meat juice and shredded meat.
- Cook 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve on kaiser rolls with green salsa, if desired.