Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 jar hot salsa
- 1 dozen eggs
- 4 tablespoons lard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- Heat lard in skillet then fry tortillas on both sides until limp and drain well on paper towels.
- Put 2 on plate side by side and keep warm in oven then fry eggs in butter over easy and slide onto each tortilla and spoon warmed salsa on top of eggs.
- Add some beans on the side and sprinkle all with shredded cheese.