This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gingham Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- 1 jar hot salsa
- 1 dozen eggs
- 4 tablespoons lard
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- Heat lard in skillet then fry tortillas on both sides until limp and drain well on paper towels.
- Put 2 on plate side by side and keep warm in oven then fry eggs in butter over easy and slide onto each tortilla and spoon warmed salsa on top of eggs.
- Add some beans on the side and sprinkle all with shredded cheese.