Mexican Cornbread Casserole
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1 Pkg. taco seasoning
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Can Whole Kernel corn, Drained (12 Oz)
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Green bell pepper
- 1 Can (8 Oz) tomato Sauce
- 1 Pkg. (8.5 Oz) corn Muffin Mix
- 1 Can French Fried onions (2.8 Oz)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Brown The Beef And Drain Off Fat. Stir in taco seasoning, water, corn, Green bell pepper And tomato Sauce. Pour Into a 2 Quart Casserole. Prepare The corn Muffin Mix in Another Bowl According to Pkg. Directions. to This, Add 1/2 Can of French Fried onions. Spoon corn Muffin Mix Around Outer Edge of The Casserole. Bake, Uncovered, in a Preheated 400 Oven For 20 Minutes. Top Cornbread With Cheese And Remaining onions And Bake 2 to 3 Minutes More.
Makes 6 Servings.