Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ⅔ cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup dairy sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup Crisco oil
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces), divided
- 1 can (8¾ ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil 8-inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt in small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Blend sour cream, eggs and Crisco oil in medium mixing bowl.
- Add cornmeal mixture, 1½ cups cheddar cheese, corn and chilies. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares and serve warm.