In this alternate recipe, chocolate bar pieces are blended as opposed to being melted gradually. Many believe that all things being equal, blending does more to improve the quality of the hot chocolate than using a more expensive chocolate.
- Break up chocolate bar into small pieces and put into a blender, food processor, or a cup suitable for use with a stick blender
- steam milk using an espresso machine until it is thoroughly hot
- pour enough milk into the cup / blender / food processor to just cover the chocolate.
- put in a dash of salt
- put in a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- blend until frothy, about 45 seconds
- serve immediately