Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 1/2 Cups (about 10 Ounces) pecan Halves
- 1 Cup (about 6 Oz) Finely Chopped Mexican chocolate, (such as Ibarra)
- 6 oz (about 6 to 8 Slices) Fresh White bread, Preferably Cakey SandwichBread (like Pepperidge Farm), Broken Into Large Pieces
- 1 Cup (8 Oz) Melted butter, Plus Extra For Coating The Pan
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 5 oz Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, Chopped Into Pieces Not LargerThan 1/4-Inch
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Large eggs
- 1 Cup Firmly Packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Cup corn syrup, Preferably Dark (or You Can Use a Mixture of CornSyrup And molasses, Sorghum, Steens cane syrup or Most Any of The OtherRich-flavored syrups That Are on The Market)
- 2 Teaspoons pure vanilla extract
powdered sugar For Garnish
Heat The Oven to 325 Degrees F. Spread The pecans on a Baking Sheet.Bake Until Richly Browned And Toasty Smelling, About 10 Minutes.Let Cool, Then Scoop Into The Food Processor And Coarsely Chop byTurning The Machine on And Off.
Remove About 1 1/2 Cups of The Nuts And Put in a Large Bowl to Use inThe Filling.
Add Half of The Mexican chocolate to The Nuts in The Food Processor AndPulse The Machine to Mix Them.
Add bread Slices; Process Until Everything is Fairly Fine Crumbs. Add
Lacking a Food Processor, You Can Chop Each Item Separately With AnyOther Appliance or Gadget You Deem Appropriate,
In The Food Processor (you Don't Even Need to Clean It), Mix The EggsAnd sugar Until Well Combined.
Of salt And All The vanilla. Process to Combine Thoroughly, Then PourOver The pecan Filling Mixture, Stir Well And ScrapeEverything Into Your Crust-Lined Pan. Bake 40 to 50 Minutes or Until TheBars Have Pulled Away Slightly From The Side of The Pan.Let Cool to Room Temperature Before Cutting Into 2 Inch-Squares, DustingWith powdered sugar And Arranging on an Attractive
Yield: 24 Bars
Source : The Lohe Mailer