A Catfish recipe.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (or ½ teaspoon ground coriander)
- ½ small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (or ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets, cut into strips
- 6 cups salad greens, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup fresh, frozen or canned corn
- Mix lime juice, cilantro or coriander, jalapeño or cayenne pepper, garlic, salt and olive oil in a non-corrosive, small bowl.
- Mix using a wire whisk until well blended.
- Place catfish strips in a shallow dish.
- Pour half of the lime juice mixture over catfish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Reserve the other half of marinade to use for salad dressing.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place marinated catfish strips on broiler pan rack and broil for 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.