- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. anise seed
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup shortening or butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine flour, anise seed, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat shortening in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed until creamy.
- And 1/2 cup Sugar; beat until fluffy. Blend in egg.
- Gradually add flour mixture alternately with orange juice, mixing well after each addition.
- Divide dough in half; roll out one portion at a time on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness; cover remaining dough to prevent drying.
- Cut out cookies with fancy cookie cutters 2 to 2 1/2 inches in diameter.
- While cutting cookies, add scraps to remaining dough. If dough becomes too soft to handle, refrigerate briefly.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- To prepare cinnamon topping, combine remaining 1/4 cup Sugar and cinnamon; lightly sprinkle over cookies.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on racks, then store in airtight container.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.