- 3 Tbs. fresh lime juice (1 large lime)
- 1/2 tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into 3/4-inch dice (2 1/2 cups)
- 3 medium Haas avocados, cut into 3/4-inch dice (2 cups)
- 3 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. mild olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 medium heads Boston lettuce, torn into large pieces (8 cups)
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced diagonally (1 cup)
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
In medium non-metallic bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Add tomatoes, avocados, scallions and garlic. Using rubber spatula, gently fold to combine. Season to taste with pepper and set aside.
In large bowl, whisk together oil, cumin, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Add lettuce and toss. Season with pepper. Divide lettuce among plates. Top each with mound of avocado mixture. Sprinkle with cucumber and cilantro and serve.